There is, perhaps, no more important decision than to take charge of your financial future. We live in a world of opportunity, and yet most Americans are buried in credit cards and other debt. We are surrounded by people who are getting rich, but most of us are running in place.
If you can read this, you are literate, have a computer, you are part of the “wired generation”. You can become as financially independent as you wish to be. Here are the Top 10 keys to your financial success:
1. Decide to be financially successful:— This is different than wishing, hoping, wanting, or even desiring to be rich. Commit that this is going to happen! Financial independence is not an accident or a matter of luck, and it usually requires some inconvenience. Have you decided to achieve this goal?
2. Understand how money works:— Most of people never studied finance or investing in school. Most of them were never even taught to balance a checkbook! To master anything, you have to understand it. Read. Study what successful people do. Take classes.
3. Master your relationship with money:— Some people spend for excitement, to reveal off, to show they can. Some people are hooked on spending, and a number of us are simply careless approximately it. Whatever your courting with money, apprehend it and expand a courting of respect, appreciation and gratitude. Use your money, in preference to permitting it to run your life.
4. Set specific goals:— They should be challenging, not unbelievable, just out of reach but not sight. Challenge yourself to be out of debt by a specific date. Make a commitment to saving an exact amount each month.
5. Develop a budget:— A budget is a set of dreams and aspirations. It’s how you really, really want to use money to benefit your family and run your life. Budget to buy the things you really want, and to eliminate the “impulses”, the toys that waste too much of our income. A budget is a map to your destination. Have one and use it!
6. Reduce spending:— Yes, this comes after making a budget, because when you begin getting control of your money (rather than the other way around) you have powerful new reasons to reduce expenses.
7. Begin investing:— Most of us spend or speculate. Both are roads to disaster! Invest in things you know. Invest cautiously, wisely, and regularly. The objective is not to “make a killing”, but to get rich over time. Know and obey the distinction between gambling, and putting your money to work for you.
8. Increase assets:— Most humans try and growth their income, and that’s a mistake. Making extra money method paying extra taxes. It takes time and tough work. And, whilst wealth arrives withinside the shape of cash, it’s less complicated to spend.
9. Reduce taxes:— Most Americans pay extra in taxes than for food, garb and safe haven combined! It is your biggest expense! The negative and center elegance don’t understand how a lot they pay due to the fact it’s deducted from their pay check. The rich recognize there are criminal and suitable approaches to safe haven income, to spend money on socially-accountable approaches, and that the tax code encourages this. Learn the tax legal guidelines and use them on your benefit! (Yes, it’s the maximum uninteresting studying you’ll ever do, and really well worth it!)
10. Use your wealth wisely:— Someone as soon as said, “The motive maximum folks aren’t wealthy is that we’d spend all of it on ourselves.” Give. Share. Help others. When you operate cash to make a difference, to have a effective impact, you get the risk to do extra.
Being greedy and selfish will not draw money to you. Investing in your community, will! To begin your education about money and becoming a millionaire, I highly recommend several books on the subject. Two of the best are: “The Millionaire Next Door” by Thomas Stanley and William Danko, and “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter.
Courtesy:– Success Consciousness