Steve Harvey is an American comedian, TV host, actor, and author. He started as a stand-up comedian but got his big break as the host of the Showtime at the Apollo TV show. He was one of the four comedians featured in the film The Original Kings of Comedy. He has hosted other popular shows such as Family Feud and Steve Harvey.
Steve comes from humble beginnings — growing up in the hood and working as a carpet cleaner, a mailman, and a salesman, before becoming a stand-up comedian. Since he learned everything about survival and success the hard way, there’s much to learn from him. Here are the most inspirational Steve Harvey quotes for success.
1. If you want to be successful, you have to jump; there’s no way around it. If you’re safe, you’ll never soar. – Steve Harvey. You can never achieve anything worthwhile living in your comfort zone. We shed our old skin and become stronger when we face challenges.
2. A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.” – Steve Harvey Quotes, we are all works in progress. Success is never easy, but it is always worth the effort.
3. Procrastination will delay your change! Today is a perfect day to change; don’t let you stop yourself from growing. – Steve Harvey. The biggest enemy is within. Don’t procrastinate, don’t second guess, don’t overthink, don’t ask for permission. Do, be, and get what you want!
4. God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Be loyal to your calling, your purpose. Once you become successful, don’t stop helping people, keep practicing your craft, and keep growing!
5. Your career is what you’re paid for. Your calling is what you’re made for. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Don’t get overawed by the lure of money. Money is just a by-product of helping people with your gift. Focus on the mission, not the money.
6. You are never too old to reinvent yourself. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Age is just a number. You are as young or as old as your dreams.
7. You simply cannot drive forward if you’re focused on what’s happening in the rear view mirror. – Steve Harvey. If you are stuck in the past, you cannot focus on the present or achieve your goals in the future. Draw a line in your mind and start each day with a clean slate.
8. He’s an honest man who does what he says. – Steve Harvey. Integrity is very important. Speak and act in alignment with your values and you’ll always be happy.
9. Forgiveness is for you. It does more for you than the other person. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Hating someone puts you in a cage. Forgiving them releases you from it.
10. When you’re up in life, your friends get to know who you are. When you’re down in life, you get to know who your friends are. – Steve Harvey Quotes. With success your light shines bright and people feel happy to have you in their lives. And when you’re down and miserable, only a few are willing to be with you and guide you with their light, they are your true friends.
11. The more people you help become successful the more successful you become. – Steve Harvey Quotes. You have a gift and the more you share it with others, the more abundance comes to you.
12. Do not ignore the passion that burns in you. Spend time to discover your gift. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Take the time to know your creative abilities and use them to do something extraordinary. Life is too short to work for someone else’s dream.
13. Catch fire today! Make today the day you stop complaining and do something. – Steve Harvey Quotes. We can get stuck in old patterns – complaining, procrastinating, gossiping, etc. Power lies in the present moment, start moving towards your goals. Action brings change, thinking doesn’t.
14. What you want out of life is the thing you have to give the most of. – Steve Harvey Quotes. If you want love, give love first. Want respect? Give respect. Want abundance and growth? Help others flourish in some way first.
15. I aim for stuff so big, that the dream is bigger than the fear. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Everyone feels fear. But when your dream is far more bigger and important, that’s when you find the courage to chase your dream.
16. People don’t like to hear the truth out here because the truth makes them think. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Some people just want to hear things that go with their beliefs, things that make them feel comfortable. Face the truth if you want to grow.
17. My calling is to help people, to teach people, to share with people, until I die. I can never stop doing that. I can’t, and I don’t want to. – Steve Harvey Quotes. As Denzel Washington says, “True desire in the heart for anything good, is God’s proof to you sent beforehand to indicate that it’s yours already”. You can never numb that desire, only fulfill it because it’s for the collective good.
18. The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Some people choose safety over risks. But to grow in life, we need to go into uncharted territories to learn, grow, and develop ourselves.
19. Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Stop obsessing over others’ lives. If you are always thinking about how better off or worse off others are, you’ll never be able to focus on your own goals.
20. Don’t let your mind stop you. – Steve Harvey Quotes. The mind is an amazing thing. When tamed, it can help you realize your own greatness. And when left untamed, it can make you miserable even when you have everything.
21. Your mission, your purpose and your destiny will all be tied to one thing, your gift. – Steve Harvey Quotes. Your creativity will help you get everything you want in life. So take the time to build your skills to an extraordinary level. Because until you help others, you won’t ever succeed.